The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is an innovative and independent U.S. foreign aid agency that is helping lead the fight against global poverty.
• His Excellency Francisco Altschul, Ambassador of El Salvador to the United States
• Mr. Daniel W. Yohannes, CEO, Millennium Challenge Corporation
• Mr. Alex Segovia, President of the Board of Directors, FOMILENIO (MCA-El Salvador)
• Mr. Jose Angel Quiros, CEO, FOMILENIO
• Mr. Andrew Vesey, Executive Vice President and COO of Global Utilities, The AES Corporation
In November 2006, the Millennium Challenge Corporation signed a five-year, $461 million compact with the Government of El Salvador to improve the lives of Salvadorans through strategic investments in education, public services, agricultural production, rural business development, and transportation infrastructure.
The largest of the compact’s components, the transportation project, physically unified El Salvador’s Northern Zone with the rest of the country, enabling new economic opportunities for rural households, lowering transportation costs, and decreasing travel times to markets.
More info: http://www.mcc.gov/elsalvador